It’s Matariki and we’re celebrating by giving away seven stunning Matariki-themed children’s book packs.
Matariki is the group of seven stars, sometimes known as the Pleiades, that rises in the New Zealand night sky during mid-Winter.
Traditionally, when Matariki appeared in the sky it marked the start of a new year – and signalled a time not only to prepare the ground for the coming year, but for celebrating with family, friends and food.
In recent years, Matariki festivities have sprung up all over the country. It’s a celebration that is special to New Zealand and a great way to spend time with your loved ones. And we think Matariki is also a wonderful time for telling stories! So, gather the children in your family together and enter our children’s book giveaway.
Our book packs include three beautiful Matariki-themed picture books:
- A Story for Matariki: The Promise of Puanga by Kirsty Wadsworth
- The Stolen Stars of Matariki by Miriama Kamo
- The Seven Stars of Matariki by Toni Rolleston-Cummins.
Here’s how you can be in with a chance to win:
- Head over to our Facebook page and ‘like’ our Matariki competition post
- In the comment section, tell us why your family loves reading
Competition terms and conditions
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents
- Entry is through the Asteron Life New Zealand Facebook page
- To enter the competition participants must click the ‘like’ button on the Asteron Life Matariki competition post and add a statement in the post’s comment section setting out why their family loves reading
- Employees of Asteron Life and Suncorp New Zealand, and their family members, are not eligible to enter
- 7 winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries
- Each prize winner will win one of seven Matariki children’s book packs, comprising three picture books: A Story for Matariki: The Promise of Puanga by Kirsty Wadsworth, The Stolen Stars of Matariki by Miriama Kamo and The Seven Stars of Matariki by Toni Rolleston-Cummins.
- Prize winners will be informed of their win via Facebook and each prize will be sent directly to the address supplied by the prize winner
- The competition opens at 9.00 am on Monday 17 June 2019 and closes at midday on Friday 21 June 2019
- Winners will be drawn and contacted via Facebook on Monday 24 June 2019
The information in this article has been compiled from various sources and is intended to be factual information only. It is not personal advice and any description of an insurance product or service is not a complete description of all the terms and conditions applicable to the particular insurance product or service. You should consult a qualified adviser for advice on whether the information in this article is suitable for your personal situation and needs. While we take reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in this article is accurate and up-to-date, it is subject to change without notice. Asteron Life Limited and its related companies does/do not accept any responsibility or liability in connection with your use of or reliance on this article.