Make a Payment
There are several ways to pay. You can choose an option that best suits you. For a fast and easy way to pay, make a one-off payment online using your credit or debit card.
Choose your payment type
Frequently asked questions
How do I pay by internet banking?
We’re set up with most banks as a payee – just pick Asteron Life from the list and fill in the details.
Otherwise, our bank account number is: 01-0505-0185311-06. Make sure you include your name and policy number in the reference fields.
What happens if I miss a payment?
If you miss a payment, we’ll send you a reminder letter.
You have a few options to catch up on a payment:
- Pay online. You can make a one-off payment using your credit or debit card on our website. It’s easy, fast and secure.
- Internet banking. We’re set up with most banks as a payee - just pick Asteron Life from the list and fill in the details. Otherwise, our bank account number is: 01-0505-0007486-00. Make sure you include your name and policy number in the reference fields.
- Direct Debit. Call us on 0800 737 101 between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have an insurance policy: as long as everything is up-to-date within two months of the payment being due, you won't have to worry about a thing. If not, your policy may lapse and you'll no longer be covered.
If you're experiencing financial difficulty and/or you’d like to look at options to reduce your premiums, please call us on 0800 737 101 or speak to your adviser. We're here to help. Read more: Managing the cost of your insurance
Can I pay for my Australian Asteron Life policy here?
How is Asteron Life related to AA Life?
Asteron Life and the New Zealand Automobile Association (AA) have worked together to create the AA Life brand. Asteron Life underwrites and administers all AA Life policies. This means you can pay your AA Life policy premiums here.
How do I change my payment method or frequency?
If you’ve changed your bank account or credit card that you pay your premiums from, you can let us know the new details by filling out a Direct Debit/Credit Card form. Send the completed form to us, or if you’d prefer, call us on 0800 737 101 and we'll get that sorted for you.
If you want to change your payment frequency, get in touch and let us know what suits you best.
What happens if my policy lapses?
If your policy lapses you’ll no longer be covered, so it’s something you'll want to get onto sooner rather than later. If this happens we’ll send you a lapse notice. How it affects your policy will depend on how long it's lapsed for:
- Under 20 working days: get your payments up to date in this time and we'll automatically reinstate your policy.
- Between 20 working days and 12 months from the lapse date: you'll need to apply to have your cover reinstated. Get in touch or phone 0800 737 101 and we’ll confirm what’s needed.
You won’t be covered for any event or condition that occurs while the policy is lapsed, and if your health changes, this may affect whether your application to reinstate your cover is accepted, or if the terms and conditions of your cover change.
Over 12 months: you'll need to apply for a new policy. You won’t need to pay any missed premiums and you won’t be covered for any event or condition that occurred while the policy was lapsed.
If you're experiencing financial difficulty and/or you’d like to look at options to reduce your premiums, please call us on 0800 737 101 or speak to your adviser. We're here to help.
How can I pay for my policy if I move overseas?
There are several ways to make a payment. You can choose an option that best suits you:
- Pay online. You can pay online anytime using your credit or debit card. It’s quick and easy.
- Direct Debit Authority. You can continue to make regular payments by direct debit from a New Zealand bank account, credit or debit card.
- Over the phone. Call us on +64 4 495 8700 between 8:30am and 5pm (New Zealand time), Monday to Friday and pay using a credit card.